POSITION SUMMARY: A talented Administration/Finance Officeris sought to join Field Ready’s core team.The post holder will report directly to Field Ready’s Director and will work collaboratively with other staff.
Being a results-focused organization, there is flexibility when it comes to scheduling and place of work so the incumbent will be expected to work very effectively with a diverse and dispersed team.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The following are illustrative responsibilities that will evolve over time and depend on organizational needs. The priority, however, will remain on bookkeeping and accounting related tasks.
_Planning & Preparation
- Participate in grant kick-off meetings and close-out activities.
- Provide operational support for field activities on an as needed basis. This may include completing forms required for grant submissions (such as budget preparation and review), new supplier forms and others tasks.
- Participate in weekly and other periodic meetings; make calendar appointments and keep accurate minutes of these meetings.
- Ensure the maintenance of an accurate inventory/asset list.
- Assist with the review and implementation of information technology tools and systems.
- Verify that logistics and procurement policies are appropriately implemented, documented, disseminated and required compliance monitoring processes are effective.
- Ensure that all administrative related (e.g., HR) files and systems are accurately maintained.
- Assist or lead ‘due diligence’ process efforts when requested by donors and regulatory bodies.
- Assist with annual insurance policy reviews and renewals.
- Follow up as requested including completing and sending private donor thank you letters
- Assist in basic accounting tasks including payments, maintaining records and preparing for audits and financial reporting (e.g., to donors following grant procedures and to governments related to taxation).
- Help monitor cash-flow, ensure timely program cash requests and ensure that there are proper supporting documents for all transactions. This includes preparing for (e.g., preparation of reports to budget holders) and participating in regular (monthly) finance calls.
- Ensure costs are shared fairly, transparently and consistently according to Field Ready and donor policies.
- Assist with procurement and ensure timely preparation of invoices, payment of salaries, suppliers, partners and other are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Other duties assigned as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS: The best applicants will combine relevant know-how with excellent people skills and an ability to get things done under challenging conditions. This is a special opportunity for someone who wants to use their skills and experience to improve the lives of people around the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject
- At least years four (4) of experience in accounting, administration and related tasks
- Demonstrated professional acumen; must be detailed and results oriented
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to be highly responsive to other staff
- Computer literate/Proficient in MS Suite (familiarity with Office 365 and accounting packages a plus)
- Consummate self-starter but also a close listener and team player
- Ability to prioritize and implement good project management skills
- The best applicant will possess a deep passion for social impact, a good sense of humor and an understanding/readiness to work with an organization undergoing growth
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $1,500.00 to $2,300.00 /month
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Evanston, IL 60201 (Required)
- Fully Remote
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply