To provide secretarial/clerical support to multiple departments.
- Assist the Baccalaureate Dean with coordinating academic status check-ins with students, running reports, staffing/coordinating events, retention projects coordination, etc.
- Manage all administrative office duties and ongoing projects for the Dean's Office. Manage imaging system, process and distribute letters for highly sensitive matters, schedule appointments and communicate effectively with students, parent, and other constituents.
- Manage projects/processes such as Dean's list, registration/advisement communication to students, Academic Probation student interventions, and communicate with all constituents seeking help from the Dean's Office.
- Assist the Dean with the essential job duties required of the Dean's Office for the student success software program.
- Receive incoming phone calls and route messages, distribute mail and complete Xeroxing requests for faculty/staff.
- Perform word processing, data processing, data entry duties, and maintain an electronic workflow system.
- Attend and take minutes at various college meetings.
- Assist in maintaining confidential personnel and student files.
- Monitor on-going departmental expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of grant proposals and related documents.
- Assist with on-campus Departmental conferences/forums.
- Assist with event planning, preparation and execution.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help coordinate logistics, food, speakers, etc. for special occasions.
- Assist the Dean with academic planning.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Strong working knowledge of an office environment, policies and procedures, the English language and alpha-numeric filing systems.
- Solid working knowledge of computers and word processing and data processing programs.
Abilities and Skills:
- Effectively organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet established deadlines.
- Analytical, detail-oriented and accurate.
- Perform difficult office and clerical work with speed and accuracy.
- Build rapport and effectively communicate with a wide variety of people.
- Monitor two separate budgets.
- Strong organization and prioritization, customer service, oral/written communication, basic mathematics, phone etiquette, interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Type 65 wpm (on the computer).
- High school diploma or equivalent with experience (Associate of Arts or Bachelor's degree preferred).
- One year of secretarial/clerical experience working in an academic, hospital or related environment.
Work Location: Chalon Campus (West Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
The University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse student population and workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of learning. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to be a student or to work for the University.