Position Title: Administrative Coordinator
Requisition Number: req1123
Compensation: 15.79 - 18.95
Job Grade: NE16
Department: Enrollment Services
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Compensation Type: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Campus Location: Main Campus
This is a benefits eligible position. CNM offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance as well as pension and retirement plans. CNM also offers generous educational benefits to employees, their spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children.
Coordinates, oversees, and/or performs a wide variety of administrative, clerical, and program support activities in behalf of the supported position. Serves as primary point of operational and administrative contact for internal and external constituencies, often on complex and confidential issues. Coordinates the provision of office and staff support services to the office, and oversees and/or participates in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects and/or events. May serve on a variety of committees in a support capacity. This position reports to the Office Administrator in the department of Enrollment Services and supports department directors and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides confidential clerical and administrative support for the principal executive or executives, to include managing the schedule/calendar, making travel arrangements, screening and handling telephone communications, greeting and directing visitors, and dealing with administrative problems and inquiries as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary point of direct administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and external institutions and agencies on a range of specified issues; organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, takes meeting minutes, and other special events, as required.
- Gathers, enters, and/or updates data to maintain departmental records and databases, as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records for the office.
- Monitors and coordinates accounting activities as appropriate and prepares internal reports for management; participates in budget planning and management, tracks departmental invoices and expenditures, monitors purchase requisition, purchase orders, and work orders, as required.
- Assists with project development and planning to ensure more efficient service and organization of the office.
- Composes and prepares written documentation and correspondence for the office; screens and evaluates incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepares responses as appropriate.
- Assists in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects as appropriate.
- Coordinates and oversees the day-to-day management of supplies, equipment, and facilities for the organization, as appropriate, to include maintenance, inventory management, logistics, security, and related activities.
- May supervise personnel which may include recommendations for hiring, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- May assist with ensuring accurate payroll processing, deductions, overtime, and pay. Preforms audit and reconciliations and prepares payroll corrections to rectify any discrepancies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree
- At least three (3) years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, including Office 365 and Outlook.
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Experience in higher education
Additional Comments to Applicants:
Please submit resume and cover letter explaining how you meet the qualifications for this position.