General Scope of Responsibilities
The Application Developer will be responsible for the programming and analysis to build and maintain applications. This person will also develop technical specifications and design documents, interface with business users for application design sessions and support, develop, maintain and provide status reports on assigned projects.
- Perform computer programming and analysis functions for the SALPHA Planning and Scheduling System.
- Submit recommendations to the IT Team regarding software improvements and tools needed to better perform the job, etc.
- Provide user support and other technical assistance to divisional personnel who use or are involved with the software.
- Participate in and contribute significantly to IT Team meetings and projects designed to improve the overall quality and efficiency of the IT Team.
- Make a concerted effort to fully understand all the intricacies and relationships between AstenJohnson Systems.
- Special projects as assigned.
Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3 to 7 years experience designing, building, and maintaining web applications using vB.NET/ C#.NET and MVC
- 3 to 7 years experience designing, building, and maintaining .NET database applications on top of Oracle or SQL Server Enterprise databases
- Experience with the use of Oracle PL/SQL or SQL Server T-Sql
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with jQuery, Bootstrap, Angular, React, or other frameworks
- Experience with SharePoint and the SharePoint Client Object Model
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
Information Technology Team and Business users. This position reports to the Application Development Team Leader.
This position will require occasional travel to enterprise locations.
**This person can work in Charleston, SC or Valleyfield, QC, Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement