At Novavax, a clinical-stage vaccine company, we are creating tomorrow's vaccines today! We seek to attract, develop, and retain talented people who share our passion for science, medicine, and human health. We foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration, built on a culture that values and appreciates its employees. We are a fast-paced company that provides employees with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals while also maintaining a balance between work and personal life.
**This is a temp to hire opportunity**
We are seeking a highly motivated detailed oriented individual to serve as an Associate Scientist in the Antibody Discovery/ Preclinical development department. The ideal candidate would possess prior experience in antibody discovery and Preclinical development of vaccine projects. The ideal candidate will make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results, and exercise appropriate technical discretion in the execution of experiments. The major responsibility of this position is to perform immunological assays for development of vaccine projects and characterization of monoclonal antibodies. This position will be expected to present scientific work to their supervisor and peers, prepare reports when necessary, demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage multiple experiments simultaneously. This position will be located at our Gaithersburg, MD facility and will report to a Director of Antibody Discovery in Vaccine Development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform/support preclinical activities for development of RSV and Influenza vaccine projects.
- Perform characterization of monoclonal antibodies and polyclonal immune response by molecular, immunological and virological assays such as ELISA, HAI, neutralization assays.
- Perform and optimize cell based functional assays for antibody in vitro functional characterization.
- Assist with Hybridoma Fusion, screening and clone selection including cloning and expansion.
- Ability to plan and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Assisting supervisor in data analysis.
- Experience with FACs and Biacore assays will be a plus
- Must be well organized with excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills and can be multitasking.
- Curiosity about seeking and applying current relevant scientific literature toward new solutions.
- May Supervise Associates/provide training as needed, and ensure adherence to company policies.
- MS or PhD in Biology, Immunology, Molecular biology or related field preferred.MS with 6 years' experience or PhD with minimum 0-3 years' experience in Vaccine development or other related
- Experience in Cell based assay and mammalian cell culture required.
- Knowledge and experience with monoclonal antibody technology desired.
- Ideally like to have experience in developing relevant virological/Immunological assays
- Excellent team player with good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently on project with minimal supervision
- Good Computer skills and experience with relevant software such as Softmax, Excel, PowerPoint, and PRISM.
Novavax, Inc. NASDAQ: NVAX, is a late-stage biotechnology company that drives improved health globally through the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. ResVax, its RSV vaccine for infants via maternal immunization, is the only vaccine in a Phase 3 clinical program and is designed to prevent severe lower respiratory tract infection which is the second leading cause of death in children under one year of age worldwide. Novavax is also advancing NanoFlu, its quadrivalent influenza nanoparticle vaccine, to address key factors that can lead to the poor effectiveness of currently approved flu vaccines.
Novavax is a leading innovator of recombinant vaccines; its proprietary recombinant technology platform combines the power and speed of genetic engineering to efficiently produce a new class of highly immunogenic nanoparticles addressing urgent global health needs.
Our product pipeline targets a variety of infectious diseases, with clinical vaccine candidates for respiratory syncytial virus RSV, Seasonal Influenza, Ebola virus EBOV, and a preclinical program for a combination respiratory vaccine candidate, as well as other infectious disease vaccine candidates.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax, Inc. offers a base salary, annual bonus, stock options, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401k plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.