Careers in Motion
We’re Hiring Autonomous Vehicle Operators!
Transdev is at the forefront of autonomous driving, which is the cornerstone of a rapidly changing mobility landscape. We are - at this very moment - helping develop and deploy new transportation solutions to change the way people move. If you’re passionate about safety and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do
You will be critical to the success of delivering safe autonomous driving systems to Waymo’s current and future customers. You’ll be responsible for operating and evaluating an autonomous vehicle for six to eight hours per day, including collecting data and providing feedback.
We currently offer two shifts for this role. Shift preferences are taken into consideration but placement will be based on availability. All shifts include at least one weekend day per week. The open shifts include:
- 5pm - 2am - $1.00 per hour differential
- 8pm - 5am - $1.25 per hour differential
- Maintain Transdev’s high standard of safety, inside and outside of the vehicle;
- Consistently demonstrate situational awareness, an understanding of the technology in his/her care, and a willingness to constantly adjust to changes in the environment;
- Be the deputy for technology by communicating courteously always with management, engineers, and the public;
- Operate/Drive-in single and/or dual driving mode for 6-8 hours a day alone or with a co-driver, five days a week; able to sit still for long periods of time;
- Capable of responding quickly to changing and potentially high-pressure environments;
- Work mostly individually but also in small groups of 2-10 people;
- Monitor multiple software systems with constant focus;
- Provide concise, clear, and accurate verbal and written feedback regarding the vehicle’s operations;
- Complete daily reports and document procedures and tests.
- Interact with the members of the public and educate them on self-driving technology.
- Operate self-driving vehicles on both defined and undefined routes, including a variety of environmental conditions.
- Operate onboard data recording computers;
- Comfortable riding as a passenger in a self-driving vehicle, where the driver may have little control over the vehicle’s operations.
- Comply with Transdev’s Autonomous Vehicle Division zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of alcohol or drugs by self-driving vehicle operators during a shift, including randomized drug testing; and
- Other duties as required
What you’ll need
- Must be 21 years old;
- High School Diploma or GED required. Four-year college degree (preferred) in a related field like industrial or applied sciences; and
- Meets driver requirements, including driving record and criminal history under applicable regulations and laws in the state(s) in which the self-driving vehicle monitor will be working.
Who we’re looking for
Individuals who are passionate about safety, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and are looking to help drive the future of mobility.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience driving on public roads. Additional experience is preferred;
- Proficiency with a laptop computer and GSuite apps (i.e. Gmail, Hangouts, and Driver, including Sheets and Docs);
- Proficiency with using a touchscreen smartphone (Android preferred by not required); and
- Must be able to type at least 40 adjusted wpm.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Must have good attention to detail and be able to quickly and concisely describe their thoughts
- Capable of responding quickly and simultaneously to multiple scenarios
- Adapt quickly to new and developing technology
- Cross-functional verbal and written communication and issue escalation
- Must be able to multitask multiple technologies, including communications devices and vehicle status systems
- Must be able to work specific shifts, including early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends, as well as overnight shifts and travel for up to one month
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate good judgment, in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
We offer competitive benefits to keep you healthy and grow your career.
- Career advancement opportunities/Increased Wages
- 60% of our employees promote within the first year of employment
- Eligible for pay increase within your first 6 months
- Up to $8k pay increase in first year
- Work schedule: We operate 7 days a week. [5-day workweek]
- Available shifts â AM & PM
- Benefits after 90 days
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Premier GOLD low deductible plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- FREE Meal benefits
- Access to snacks and micro kitchen
- And Much More!
Transdev provides a broad range of services for Waymo’s autonomous driving testing and development efforts. By joining Transdev, you will be on the ground floor of new technology that will shape the way people travel. And, at the same time, you will be helping drive change for your community and the world. Autonomous vehicle operators play an important role in enabling Waymo to achieve its goal of developing and commercializing its autonomous driving technology, services, and passenger experiences. Transdev shares Waymo’s commitment to safety and is continuing to strengthen and nurture a culture where safety is the top priority.
Our Commitment to Health and Safety
The health and safety of our employees, passengers, and the communities we serve is our credo, moral and ethical obligation, and at the core of our business practices. We are committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees during COVID-19. Which is why Transdev strictly enforces all CDC Guidelines and state/local ordinances to keep our employees, clients, and passengers safe.
Below are a few of the measures we are taking to uphold our commitment to workplace safety:
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle and facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with a concentrated focus on high-frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Enforced Social Distancing
- Daily employee and visitor temperature checks
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Home daily
Transdev strictly enforces all CDC Guidelines and state/local ordinances to keep our employees, clients, and passengers safe.
- Driving on public roads: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: On the road