This announcement will be used to fill (1) one full-time permanent vacancy in Mounds View, MN. The shift will be rotating which includes evenings and weekend hours.
The Behavior Modification Assistant (BMA) is responsible for assisting in assessing individual’s needs by performing direct care duties, developing and implementing residential and habilitation support plans with goals and methods. Communicating with team members and other agencies, evaluating and documenting out-comes, and maintaining or modifying the plan and performing related work as required. The BMA serves as a principal provider of behavior modification services to the work site team. Similar and/or related private-sector's job titles: Human Services Technician (HST), Direct Support Professional (DSP) Mental Health Worker, Behavior Technician II, Mental Health Caregiver, and DSP-Caregiver.
To qualify you must have:
- knowledge of behavior modification theory/techniques sufficient to design and/or implement behavior management components of treatment plans;
- knowledge of developmental disabilities and behavior problems sufficient to understand the physical and psychological limitations they put on human development;
- knowledge of therapeutic intervention techniques sufficient to control aggressive or violent behavior
- ability to provide ongoing work direction and training to other staff;
- ability to perform basic health care procedures, such as taking vital signs and administering medications.
- ability to read and write English sufficient to understand and follow directions, assist in the delivery of client programs, and write instructions for subordinate staff;
- ability to collect and summarize data sufficient to document program delivery and client progress by observing and charting behaviors and measuring the duration and frequency of inappropriate behavior;
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
How to Apply
Most State selection processes utilize a resume-based screening process. You will be contacted by agency staff if your background best matches the selection criteria on this job posting. To apply for this position, click the APPLY box found at the bottom of this job announcement. For additional information about the State’s selection process, go to http://www.mn.gov/mmb/careers/.
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Jessica Skrypez at email@example.com.
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate to Ayo Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services’ ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.