Under limited supervision, uses extensive knowledge and skills in securities, the banking industry, and/or compliance obtained through experience, specialized training and/or certification to implement Know Your Client (“KYC”), Customer Identification Program (“CIP”), Customer Due Diligence (“CDD”), Enhanced Due Diligence (“EDD”), as well as requirements in compliance and Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) rules and regulations. Leads projects of significant scope and complexity and serves as a Subject Matter Expert to various business lines. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature and provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Maintains extensive contact with internal customers to identify, research and resolve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for business unit escalations, questions and advisor issues.
- Coaches and mentors new and existing analysts.
- Devises and analyzes metrics, as well as prepares reports related to key measurements of AML customer onboarding activities.
- Assists with various projects and acts as the main point of contact for outside consultants.
- Serves as the primary back-up for the CIU Team Leads and provides informal guidance to CIU team members.
- Prepares and leads AML CIU trainings for other business units within the firm.
- Drafts and administers policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations related to money laundering included in the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Monitors regulatory developments and industry trends to incorporate into the firm’s AML program.
- Develops documentation related to AML issues to enhance corporate policies.
- Maintains knowledge of best practices in investigative research processes using various sources such as industry groups, information issued by regulatory groups, and the United States government.
- Responds to regulatory inquiries and coordinates with other compliance personnel.
- Maintains currency in laws and regulations pertaining to AML compliance.
- Provides guidance to Raymond James Associates regarding AML policies.
- Perform duties in a highly professional manner to address and resolve conflicts or issues to facilitate a positive working relationship between the field and home office.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- CDD, EDD, Office of Foreign Asset Control (“OFAC”), Sanctions and other KYC policies and procedures.
- Concepts, practices and procedures of the securities industry and/or banking compliance reviews.
- Rules and regulations of the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
- Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
- Financial markets and products.
- Administering AML policies and procedures.
- Analyzing client documentation.
- Planning and scheduling work to meet regulatory requirements.
- Identifying and applying appropriate client monitoring procedures and tests.
- Preparing oral and/or written reports.
- Drafting policies and procedures.
- Investigating client issues and irregularities.
- Making rule-based and analytical decisions.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
- Provide guidance to CIU Analysts.
- Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
- Interpret and apply AML regulations in order to identify and recommend compliance changes as appropriate.
- Work under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Independently research and resolve issues while working across teams to acquire information.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Handle highly confidential information professionally and with appropriate discretion.
- Maintain currency in AML rules, regulations, and best practices.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in a related field and three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience preferably in a financial services environment with exposure to AML.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience approved by Human Resources.
- ACAMS required.