Looking for a collaborative, fun company with room for growth?
IMS, Inc. is a recognized leader in the biomedical IT field, with clients including the NCI, CDC, & major pharmaceutical firms. We are a diverse group of people with a focus on product quality, customer satisfaction, & enjoying what we do. We have a relaxed, friendly work environment, where employees are recognized for the work that they do. Add to that work/life balance, social events, casual dress, & no cubicles- that’s why many employees have stayed with us.
Join us as a Database Administrator (Entry-Level) & see what makes IMS such a unique place to work!
As an entry-level DBA, you will:
- Design, develop, administer, & maintain the integrity, security, & availability of multiple relational databases for our biomedical information systems
- Perform development operations, disaster recovery, index maintenance, & database user account maintenance
- Assist with performance analysis and tuning & data organization and storage
- Perform other database administration related duties as assigned
To be eligible for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
- BA/BS in CompSci, IS, Math, or related field from a U.S. DOE accredited institution with a 2.9 GPA
- 0-2 years of related experience
- Proficiency with SQL
- Knowledge of relational database analysis & design (Postgres, Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, or MS-SQL)
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Perl, Shell Scripting, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of development operations concepts
- Experience with revision control systems (Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience in Linux systems and deployment automation a plus
- Demonstrated strong verbal & written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to relay technical information to clients & users in layman terms
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving & analytical skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail & organization skills
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines, & work within a team
- Ability to obtain & maintain a security clearance
- Strong presentation skills preferred
If this sounds like the right position for your career, apply today at:https://www.imsweb.com/employment/job.description.php?position=21898.
IMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement