Xcel Energy is searching for Electrician Apprentices (1st-4th Year) to join our team in Amarillo, TX!
This position will participate in and complete our four-year, electrician apprenticeship program and will learn and be responsible for construction and maintenance on electrical substations for Xcel Energy. In this position you must be able to communicate well, and able to comprehend instructions and build on previous experience. A good team-work attitude and ability to work well with others is a must.
- Successful applicant must have High School diploma or GED and meet the following criteria:
- Absolutely must have Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) preferably with tanker, doubles, triples endorsements
- Must have passed the behavioral assessment (external) and Edison Electric Institute's Construction and Skilled Trades Test (CAST).
- Must be willing to respond to after hour and weekend call outs.
- Must be willing to travel extensively for extended periods of time.
- Must be of adequate physical stature to:
- Lift and maneuver up to 90 lbs.
- Climb structures up to 100' tall.
- Perform aerial work in a safety belt in a safe and efficient manner.
- Use shovels, sledge hammers, 90 lb. jackhammers, and an assortment of hand tools.
- Work in confined spaces.
- Must pass the federal D.O.T. physical examination.
- Must be totally committed to safety, quality of work, and customer service.
All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
Nearest Major Market: Amarillo
Job Segment: Apprentice, Electrical, Electrician, Sustainability, Entry Level, Engineering, Energy