The Health Data Analyst I is a key member of the Finance management team with responsibility for developing and maintaining analyses to support finance staff and the CFO in meeting corporate objectives.
- Leads the development and analysis of medical expense and utilization trend report to inform key strategic initiatives to support corporate goals.
- Supports the development of effective medical management programs/initiatives through analyzing, monitoring, and reporting the effectiveness of these programs.
- Responsible for adhoc analytics including modeling of benefit scenarios. Utilizes statistical applications as necessary.
- Supports Finance department on data warehouse redesign requests and works with IT to establish priorities.
- Supports corporate initiatives/projects that require analysis of health plan data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Finance, Statistics, Business, Public Health, or other related quantitative field.
- 1 or more years’ experience in data analysis and reporting.
- A background in managed healthcare, insurance operations preferable.
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
- Proficient in SAS, SQL or other statistical software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, problem solve and use appropriate technology to analyze business problems.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.