HealthFitness has a new opportunity for a Health Fitness Professional at our client location in Mettawa, IL! In this position, you will be responsible for promoting fitness offerings, assisting with wellness events such as health screenings, and supporting workplace injury prevention and conditioning. You will provide exercise floor supervision, interact with members and program participants, and deliver health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will be responsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction. The hours may vary from 5:15am-1:45pm or 11:00am-7:30pm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with wellness events and promotes fitness offerings in various Lake County locations.
- Supports workplace injury prevention and conditioning.
- Monitors facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Conducts fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the member’s interests, abilities and goals.
- Assists with the development and/or delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new members; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive members.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Maintains participant files and database.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate member educational materials.
- Verifies equipment is operating properly and immediately reports any potentially unsafe conditions.
- Projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required; completion of internship program preferred.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED certifications from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
- Personal Training Certification (ACE, AFAA, NSCA, NASM, ACSM) required within 6 months of hire.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise Certification preferred.
- Experience instructing group exercise classes (spin, strength, cardio, bootcamp, core).
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and shift work demands.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Coordinate and assist programming in corporate wellness.
Health Fitness Professional from HealthFitness on Vimeo.