The helpdesk L1 Analyst will be supporting customer and internal team member calls, emails and IM’s for technical support. Leveraging their experience as well as scripts based upon the issues being reported. In addition this role will be trained and work on installing, staging, configuring and supporting a wide selection of retail equipment including but not limited to traffic counters, point of sale servers, cash registers, wireless access points, amps, camera’s and TV’s. This position will require a dynamic person with good troubleshooting skills as well as customer service capabilities. The ideal candidate will be familiar with various retail and network technologies, equipment and capabilities.
Spencer Technologies services some of the top retail and multi-store organizations in the country and strives to provide unparalleled service and support. On-call support may be required.
2 staff needed (Tuesday through Saturday 2:30PM - 11:00PM)
1 staff needed (Friday Though Monday 8:00AM - 7:00PM
Role and Responsibilities
- Supporting Customer Calls and going through scripts
- Installing, configuring and supporting retail technologies including but not limited to; Shoppertrak, Bunyar and Clarity traffic counters, Bogen amps, various brands of Point of Sale servers, registers and controllers, IBM and Panasonic cash registers and various other retail specific technology.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, document wide variety of technical issues (i.e. CCTV, A/V, network, and wiring).
- Provide telephone/remote support for customers, end users and technical resources.
- Work closely with peers and cross functional teams to drive resolution while providing excellent customer service to all.
- Clearly document work expected and completed by remote field resources.
- Speak clearly, concisely and effectively; listen to, and understand, information and ideas as presented verbally.
- Ability to work during regularly scheduled and unscheduled evening and weekend hours to support implementation activities and remediation projects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Entry level, helpdesk experience a plus
- Excellent Working Knowledge of Microsoft Business Applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Good understanding of technology concepts and design, specific focus on store/remote architecture.
- CompTia A and CompTIA Network or equivalent certification preferred.
- Excellent Knowledge of basic Networking.
- CCTV, Camera and A/V experience
- Retail or Multi-Store environment experience preferred but not required
- Excellent customer service skills and comfortable with remote/telephone support functions
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work in both team environments and as an individual contributor.
- Ability to sit for extended periods at a keyboard to enter information and read displays.
- Ability to work various shifts as needed for coverage