1. Must be at least 18 years old at the time of applying
2. Must be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D. to be eligible to apply.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT NO LATER THAN September 4th, 2019
1. Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate
2. Official sealed high school transcripts
3. Copy of Driver's License and Social Security
4.DD-214 if applicable
TERM OF APPRENTICESHIP:
The term of apprenticeship is 3 years with a minimum of 6000 hours of on-the-job training.
There's a minimum of 204 hours of related classroom training each year.
The applicant will be notified via phone call, email or text, the date and time of their interview.
Interviews will be held mid-August, 2019.
The Apprenticeship Committee will select the applicants they feel are the most qualified for the trade. Points that can be taken into consideration during the interview are education, character, interests, cooperativeness, attitude and personal appearance.
Applicants selected will be notified after the interviews
Applicants will start school in September and their on-the-job training as soon as there is
a job opening after selection.
Starting salary is 65% of journeyman wage or 15.15/hr with periodic raises, plus fringe benefits.The typical work week is 40 hours.
Classes start in September after Labor Day. Attendance in class is mandatory. Apprentices attend class on Monday and Wednesday from 5pm to 9pm during the Fall
Semester and Spring Semester.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.15 to $20.97 /hour
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A good first job for someone who is just entering or re-entering the workforce with limited experience or education
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift