Friendship Village is seeking full time Janitors.
Schedule: Mon-Fri 6am-2:30pm or 7am-3:30pm
Starting Pay: $15.00 to 16.80/hour, based on experience, plus benefits!
- Maintain assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly, and attractive manner following established guidelines and policies as directed by a manager/supervisor.
- Assure the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times under limited supervision.
- Be courteous, have a neat appearance, and to be in uniform at all times.
- Possess the ability to work as part of a team.
- Will require setting up/tearing down of the following: chairs, stage, tables, furniture, microphones, piano, and linens.
- Follow set-up requests per the activities department.
- Janitorial schedules include, but are not limited to; the picking up of recyclables/trash, the cleaning/shampooing of resident carpets per request, maintain common areas, laundry rooms, Stairwells, ancillary rooms, windows, Fire Side patio, and putting away supplies. The janitors are to move furniture within the common areas when vacuuming, assist in any set-ups as directed. It is the responsibility of janitorial staff to properly dispose of any hazardous waste according to policy.
- Daily duties:
- Check for set-ups/tear downs in all the variety of locations i.e. auditorium, Recreation center, Lobby, Fitness, Commons areas throughout the Village. Make sure carpeting is vacuumed between set-ups and check batteries in mics before an event.
- Collect trash/recyclables in your assigned area including but not limited to public bathrooms, offices, lounges, and all activity rooms, etc.
- Vacuum Auditorium, Fitness Center, and common areas.
- Carpet cleaning Bonnet/Extraction and spotting as needed in your assigned areas to include the auditorium, Fitness center, and Rec. center or as directed by Supervisor/Manager.
- Rec. center vacuuming carpet/dust mop and mopping of all areas including workrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, Lobby area, offices and hallway, and windows inside/out as needed.
- Clean and disinfect janitor closets. All equipment used during your shift is to be maintained then put away in its designated area.
- Front/back entrances of Rec. center/Fitness making sure to clean glass doors and wipe down any benches and cleaning ashtrays.
- Respond to all radio/emergency calls.
- Always use proper signage when the floor/carpet is wet and put out plenty of workmen signage.
- Dust/Wet mop of the Fitness Center to include floor, bathrooms, and shower stalls including the outside one this also includes the treatment rooms. The vacuuming of the carpeted areas. Collect ALL trash.
- Do a daily walk through of your assigned areas and generate a work order if needed to ensure the safety of all.
- Make sure to check soaps, paper towels, sinks in all workrooms of the Rec. Center and restock as needed.
- Wipe down and disinfect all tables used in Rec. Center and auditorium.
- Weekly Duties:
- Windows in/out, frames/sills, tracks, doors in your area or as needed to include Fitness Center/Rec. center and cobwebs.
- High /low dusting throughout the area including lights, pictures, vents, baseboards, etc.
- Handrails and walls clean and sanitize.
- Clean all tables, chairs, piano. Organ and podium (dust-free).
- Collect and dispose of the items from behind the wood-shop area inside the red container every Friday and trash in a big roll-away container.
- In the pottery room empty the bucket of water and dispose of used clay into the bag and dispose of into trash compactor. Make sure to replace the container in its place.
- Every Tues or Wed deliver copy paper cases to the Main front desk after first checking what is needed with the receptionist.
- Monthly Duties:
- All Air vents of the Rec. center/Fitness center including the treatment rooms and the bathrooms.
- Floors at Rec-center need to be top scrubbed including areas of bathrooms, kitchen, hallway, front lobby area, and in other activity rooms, as they are available.
- Any carpeted rooms and/or offices to be bonneted or extracted as needed.
- Use the big floor machine in the main Rec. center area to scrub and clean the floor.
- Empty both bags from the sawdust collectors every Month (check periodically bag to be changed when Â½ full). Make sure to use a mask and replace it with the wood-shop clear heavy-duty bags before placing the bag back on the collector. Call for assistance if needed.
- Extraction of the carpeting in the auditorium.
- Quarterly Duties:
- Cleaning/Dusting Light Fixtures in the Fitness Center and Rec. center.
- Extraction of carpeted offices of Rec. center 4 times a year or as needed.
- We may require the assistants of the janitorial department at any given time to transfer furniture; emergency clean-ups or carpet cleaning.
Education & Experience
- Must be able to perform and complete repetitive tasks regardless of interruptions.
- Knowledge of cleaning various types of floors, windows, etc.
- Knowledge of the proper use of cleaning equipment and chemicals.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be capable of lifting up to 65 pounds and the ability to push, pull carpet/floor machines, vacuum cleaners, furniture, and carts.
- Able to stand on feet for long periods, climb, bend and do extensive walking.
- Capable of working in the extreme heat during the summer months.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Reasonable care is required to prevent injury and accidents for others.
- May be required to work weekends, holidays, overtime, and/or any other shift as dictated by the department workload and staffing.
- Flow of work and type of duties require flexibility and normal mental and visual demand much of the time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403(B) Retirement Plan â with Company Match
- Life / Disability / Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- $600 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Education Grant Program
- Wellness Program & Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask, "Is there anything else I can do for you?â
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values:
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.6-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.3-star rating onIndeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.5 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Friendship Village Tempe is passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service while keeping our community as safe as possible, protecting our residents, our staff, and their families. Therefore, Friendship Village Tempe is requiring that all new hires be fully vaccinated within hire date. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time