This is a skilled technical position responsible for maintaining and repairing information technology and communications equipment and analyzing customer requests for service and maintenances calls regarding information technology and communications equipment. The position is also responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining a variety of equipment and electronic devices. Work may be performed in a shop environment or on‐site at other facilities.ESSENTIAL TASKS
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
- Address users in a courteous and professional manner and directly communicate with customers.
- Detail all information given and received into service desk application.
- Work with the team to complete ongoing projects and tasks.
- Advice and instruct end users on the necessary technology to achieve solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- Train end users on systems and applications.
Must have a thorough knowledge of the operation, uses and capabilities of computer equipment; methods and techniques used to maintain and repair computer equipment; hazards of the work and of necessary safety precautions; and service desk applications. Must have the ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions; read and understand maintenance manuals and to work from sketches, drawings and diagrams; establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and vendors; and must have the ability to carry‐out maintenance plans and repair schedules for technical resources in a large corporate environment. Must be skilled in the use of computer equipment and possess excellent communication both written and oral, organizational skills, and customer service skills.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED required. Two years of Information Technology technical hands‐on experience using a combination of hardware, operating systems and client‐server applications in an enterprise wide distributed computing environment. Industry relevant certifications in related field, preferred. A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Must possess a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to carry out site visits as assigned.
Specialization or proficiency in the identified specific job function areas is essential and required:
- Field Services Team–Proficiency in local area networking, Active Directory account/rights maintenance, remote management applications, SCCM, and Mobile Device Management. Basic understanding in administration of Google Apps for Education. Expert level knowledge of Windows operating systems and PC hardware troubleshooting and maintenance. Experience with Google Apps For Education/Admin Console, Network Security Console, and InfoBlox a plus. One or more of the following certifications are preferred: MCSA: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, MTA: Microsoft Technology Associate, CompTIA Network , Security , A or equivalent.
Please see "Job Posting Link" below for a complete job description.
If you are interested in applying for this position, you must create an account. After creating an account, please login, complete the online application, and apply for this job.
All applicants must complete the General Employment History section of the online application.
A minimum of three references are required in the reference section of your application. One of the three must be a current or most recent former supervisor for a position you held in this field. Relatives are not eligible to serve as a reference for you for employment purposes.