At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our
mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping
them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in
life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless
of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for
assisting students in every way.
Amarillo College Child Care Center is accepting applications for a Part Time Staff Assistant to provide administrative support and customer service, by various means to quickly and effectively solve customers’ needs.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Required: High School Diploma or GED.
- Preferred: Some College coursework in a related field.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Required: Experience working in a customer services
- Preferred: Experience working in Early Childhood profession.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work well with a team or independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient Communication Skills.
- Customer Service Mindset.
- Dependability and Initiative.
- Current Microsoft Office Skills.
- Accuracy in spelling, grammar sentence structure and punctuation.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive and greet visitors and students
- Answer and route calls to main phone lines
- Assists staff, students, and administrative personnel as needed
- Work independently and as a team member
- Work under the supervision of Lead Basic Skills Teacher to serve and promote and protect children’s health and safety
- Reads with and instructs children in early literacy and math
- Attend training
- Assist with laundry, kitchen, and perform other duties
- Perform additional duties or job functions required and deemed necessary by supervisory personnel
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel between offices and buildings, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push, pull and/or maneuver office supplies as needed.
Working Conditions: This is a part time position; hours per week will not exceed 19 hours.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, and filing cabinets.
Attendance Expectations: Regular attendance is an essential condition of employment.
Salary: Aligned with the current Amarillo College Salary Schedule for the represented position grade.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only
current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be
considered for a position during the first five (5) working days
from notice or posting.
Hiring Department: Child Care Clinic; Position Location: West Campus.