For 100 years, Torrance State Hospital has supported people with
mental illness on their recovery journey. Be part of the team that
creates and implements customized, innovative and individualized
plans of care. The PA Department of Human Services is hiring a
Patient Care Coordinator with excellent clinical skills to ensure
quality patient care is provided specific to each person's needs.
Dedicated Patient Care Coordinators looking for a demanding and
rewarding experience should consider applying for this
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
- Full-time employment
- Work Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm; Monday - Friday; 30 minute lunch
- Multiple positions may be filled from this posting
- Based upon the nature of the duties in the position description, the individual selected for this position may be required to annually disclose specific personal and business financial information in accordance with Management Directive 205.10 regarding Financial Disclosures Required by the Public Official and Employee Ethics Act.
- Free parking
This Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) position is responsible for the overall planning and coordination of the Utilization Review function at Torrance State Hospital. Specifically, the PCC will ensure that the treatment team is meeting the requirements to justify medically necessary treatment according to regulations and the person's needs. This PCC must be highly organized, professional and an excellent communicator. He/she will evaluate the clinical needs of the patient and apply regulatory parameters to the plan of care in collaboration with the treatment team. In addition, the PCC will become Certified as an investigator of patient abuse and will serve as a coordinator for investigations.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: One year as a Psychiatric Nurse 2 in a state hospital or a Nurse 2 in a State General Hospital or Restoration Center; OR three years of professional psychiatric nursing or general nursing, including one year at an advanced level in a state hospital, general hospital or Restoration Center; and graduation from an approved school of professional nursing; OR two years of professional social or rehabilitative work,including one year of clinical experience in a supervisory,administrative or consultative capacity in a state hospital, state general hospital or Restoration Center; and a bachelor's degree with major course work in social work, nursing, health care administration, behavioral sciences or related fields; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- This position comes under the provisions of the Older Adult
Protective Services Act.
- Under the Act, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports, including but not limited to, PA State Police and FBI clearance.
- A conditional offer of employment will require satisfactory completion of a medical examination.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)