NextCure is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering and developing novel, first-in-class immunomedicines to treat cancer and other immune-related diseases by restoring normal immune function. We are seeking a motivated individual with hands-on experience in mouse immunizations, tissue culture and molecular cloning for antibody discovery towards our novel targets.
- Immunize mice, process rodent tissue samples and generate hybridoma fusions from B cells and myeloma cells
- Characterize antibody/ligand binding by ELISA, FACS, HTRF, SPR/BLI assays
- Recover and analyze gene sequences from hybridoma clones (PCR, molecular cloning, gene and protein sequence analysis, etc)
- Analyze antibody stability and liabilities, express optimized constructs
- Generate, interpret, analyze data and present to project teams
- Independently execute experiments in a collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry/Molecular Biology/Immunology with 3-5 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Background in antibody function and immunology.
- Hands-on experience in sterile tissue culture techniques working with cell lines.
- Practical experience with molecular biology (ie. PCR, gel electrophoresis, transformations)
- Experience characterizing antibodies and proteins using automation and high-throughput screens.
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills and discover new technologies.
- Exceptional record keeping, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly organized and able to operate in a fast-paced setting.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary, team-oriented environment
NextCure is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package in a scientifically engaged team work environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- hybridoma: 1 year (Preferred)
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday