Coordinator, Neuro-Imaging Core Facility
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) is seeking an outstanding candidate to join a new Neuro-Imaging Core Facility. This is a PhD level position that will help develop this new facility and provide critical technical and scientific expertise to CSHL neuroscientists applying new technologies (optical, ultrasound, electrophysiology) to their experimental questions. Specific responsibilities include:
1) maintain and optimize all equipment
(optical/ultrasound/behavior rigs) to match their technical
2) establish data pipelines for extraction of data;
3) assist CSHL neuroscientists with designing and implementing studies using the facility, including helping with data analysis and research compliance documentation;
5) oversee day-to-day operations of the facility, including managing work flow, developing protocols, ordering supplies and monitoring budget;
6) train other scientific staff in procedures, instrument operations and data analysis;
7) maintain laboratory safety procedures and ensure all users of the facility follow these procedures;
8) assist CSHL neuroscientists on grant submissions or manuscripts related to work done in the facility as needed.
Education: PhD in Systems Neuroscience (or related area) required, engineering background encouraged.
Experience: At least 3 yrs experience working with various imaging/recording modalities and behavioral rigs in a research setting. First-hand expertise in design, custom building and use of a range of imaging/electrophysiology methods and setting-up data extraction pipelines.
Degree of Supervision: Capable of independently providing all core services from inception to completion. Discusses future direction for the core facility with faculty head.
CSHL is a world-renown research and educational institution with programs in cancer, neuroscience, plant biology, genomics, and quantitative biology. Located on the North Shore of Long Island 30 miles from New York City, the Laboratory has a rich and successful research environment, as well as an innovative graduate school. CSHL is dedicated to building and maintaining a diverse work environment and strongly encourages applications from women and underrepresented minorities.
If interested, please apply for this position via the CSHL
careers website at:
Position Number: 02552-R
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information about CSHL, please visit us at www.cshl.edu.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)