Cowen Healthcare Investments is seeking a research associate to work in the New York office on its investment team focused on both private and public portfolios.
The successful candidate will support the investment team in: monitoring and analyzing a portfolio of private and public biotechnology companies; conducting company-specific investment research across a range of healthcare subsectors, with a focus on biopharmaceuticals; interviewing physicians and industry consultants; maintaining research databases; and supporting general investment activity.
The following are the minimum requirements for the position:
- Exceptional academic record, including a preference for a higher degree in a life science-related field (MD or PhD) and prior experience in relevant areas of the biopharma industry
- Prior work experience on the sell-side or buy-side during which the candidate covered biotechnology companies
- Outstanding analytical skills. Ability to do deep primary research, analyze and draw conclusions from information
- Has a desire to become deeply involved in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work well on a small team, self-motivated, and a willingness to work hard