If you’re a self-starter ready to find and seize opportunity, you’ll find the support and resources here to truly thrive. TG Gallagher is the leading provider of mechanical construction and maintenance services throughout New England.
TG Gallagher places great value on health and safety. The safety specialist will support our company's core safety values by maintaining health and safety of our workforce, clients and the community. TG Gallagher is looking for a safety specialist who is hard working, eager to learn, works well with any team and is open to any and all responsibilities.
DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT SPECS?
- Totally devoted to clients
- A self-starter with a deep desire to grow and continuously learn; easily adapts to new processes and technologies
- Unquestionable character with high level of integrity
- Possess solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possess high-standards across the board- from your own contributions to the people you work with to the projects you work on
- Works well under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Fantastic organizational skills and great follow through on tasks
Working under the supervision of our Safety Director, the Safety Specialist will:
- Perform regular site visits of active projects to ensure compliance with the Safety Plan
- Develops and reviews the Accident Prevention Plan (APP); Writes Job Hazards Analysis (JHA)’s, as directed and/or needed. Provides onsite safety training and education
- Works as a team member with project management, quality control, subcontractors and other personnel to ensure cooperation and adherence with safety inspections, corrections and compliance
- Assist with investigation and recording accidents and workmen's compensation claims
- Maintain record keeping documents as required by OSHA Proactively prepares and researches safety needs and expectation
- Have completed and earned the OSHA 10 hour safety certificate in construction
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations, primarily construction standards
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, efficiently and effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Means of transportation to and from jobsites located in the greater Boston area