Penn Interactive Ventures (PI) is a real-money interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. As the digital arm to Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S., we are poised for fast-paced growth in the sports betting and online casino space and are looking for a Sr Backend Engineer to join our expanding Sportsbook team!
The Senior Backend Engineer will work on a small, cross-functional team to develop the backend and various APIs for a one-of-a-kind, native sports betting experience. Candidates for this role will work with multiple client teams to build a revolutionary sportsbook from the ground up. Previous work in the gaming industry is not important but we do expect your work-product will reflect a strong technical background and a dedication to concise, scalable code.
- Demonstrate best-in-class programming skills to develop secure, tested, optimized, scalable code.
- Translate business requirements into code.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, ops engineers, client engineers, QA engineers and various other teams and stakeholders to solve innovative problems utilizing out-of-the-box solutions.
- Communicate clearly and effectively using Github, Slack, Google Docs, JIRA, so as to keep all stakeholders in-the-loop regarding relevant issues.
- Interact thoughtfully and professionally with everyone including non-technical colleagues.
- Ability to work in a highly regulated environment and develop code according to regulatory requirements
- Experience with Django/Flask/Python, or Golang.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining backend systems and building and consuming APIs.
- Experience with deploying code in Linux based environments such as Debian or Ubuntu
- Experience with Git or other distributed version control systems.
- Experience writing well tested code or experience with practices like TDD
- General computing knowledge -- familiarity with the standard suite of Web Protocols (HTTP, TCP, etc.).
- Familiar with virtualization (ex. Docker, rkt)
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or another STEM field.
- Experience administering AWS Core Services (S3, SQS, EC2, ECS, etc.).
- Experience deploying code via Kubernetes
- A passion for sports or betting.
Penn Interactive is committed to helping our team members live their best, healthy life. We offer unique and competitive benefits that help our employees, through a private exchange which allows our team members the ability to choose from several coverage levels and insurance carriers (both local and national carriers). Along with medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage, there are also voluntary plans available to employees. PI also offers our employees office perks such as free catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in the office.