Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology. Cryptocurrency, or programmable money, does not rely on an intermediary to give it legitimacy or value. Instead, it is valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that runs it. We think it’s time for the world to have an alternative form of currency.
We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules; we believe that we all have the right to access and use safe, fast and efficient financial services that do not charge excessive fees and that suit the digital era we live in. We firmly believe in Blockchain technology and its use cases. We support financial innovation and everybody’s right to access new and beneficial technologies. Visit us at https://bitso.com/
What we value:
- Passion for Bitso’s mission
- Entrepreneurial mindset, this is key!
- Be inspired and energized by our values: Drive change, Be human, Embrace your freedom.
- Rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. No task is insignificant.
- Raising the quality bar and challenging others
- Seeing opportunities when others see problems
- Passion for working with a diverse group of people and different points of view
- A collaborative spirit who gives thoughtful and constructive feedback
- Making decisions guided by long-term company objectives
- Setting ambitious goals, taking risks, and empowering others
Team & Role Description:
You will be in charge of creating new features and improving the experience of thousands of Bitso Users by creating new React interfaces for our Wallet, Exchange and Onboarding flows. You will work with product managers, and other business stakeholders to define new ways users can interact with their crypto and fiat money.
This is a role for an active engineer who has the additional responsibility of coordinating with other developers from other teams around him/her and helping React engineers across the company improve their best practices. To succeed you will need to be hands on, have an eye to detail, focusing on building reusable components that can be used to quickly create and scale these interfaces.
- Drive new feature development and help scale our current product and platforms.
- Ship code for high growth, high visibility markets, every day, for tens of thousands of users.
- Write high-performance code designed to scale.
- Participate in the planning, execution and testing of new features.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with ReactJS Framework.
- Strong general computer science knowledge.
- Experience in Git for version control.
- A user-centric mentality for building products.
- Experience planning, documenting, testing and releasing features or products.
- English language proficiency.
*These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.*
Additionally, it would be nice if you
- Passionate about the Product and Business side of the applications that you are building.
- Experience building large data sets visualization interactive web UI.
- Passionate about Crypto.
Compensation and Benefits
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial inclusion across Latin America
- Culture: You'll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You'll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space in Latin America
- Salary: We pay competitively to attract top talent in the market.
- Health Insurance: We offer one of the best medical plans
- Performance Bonus: Your hard work will be rewarded with an attractive bonus plan.
- Unlimited Free Days: We want our employees to recharge their batteries and explore who they are outside of the office
*As you move on to the final stage of our talent attraction journey, we will ask you to please complete our background check process.
*This role is expected to work remotely.