VidMob is an award-winning Marketing Creative Platform that provides an end-to-end technology solution for all a brand’s creative needs. It is an integrated platform combining first-of-a-kind creative analytics with best-in-class creative production to understand and improve marketing effectiveness.
We seek candidates that are curious, collaborative and committed to excellence. We take every hire seriously and only choose seriously talented team members. We care deeply about our employees and are dedicated to making VidMob an exceptional company to work for. VidMob is proud to offer comprehensive health plans fully paid for by the company, enhanced Maternity/Paternity Programs and unlimited vacation plans. We also provide employees with access to 401K plans, healthy food and snacks, and pre-taxed transit.
VidMob is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
VidMob engineers develop a first-in-class operating system for creativity, bringing together the power of data and human creativity to help creators, marketers, non-profits, and more to thrive in the era of scaled digital creative. We are a high-performing team with a strong, positive culture. These are the tenets of engineering at VidMob:
- Continued improvement of our products, our organizations, and ourselves
- Outcomes over outputs; delivered value is more important than lines code, sprint points, hours, or other metrics
- Ownership of success; we are individually responsible for our success as a group; we take our commitments very seriously
- Our opportunity deserves urgency and care
- We value our colleagues; we are collaborative and supportive and our diversity is one of our strengths
- We build for the user; the needs of the user are our inspiration and our arbiter of success
Who We’re Seeking
We are looking for a Senior React Engineer who can turn ideas into reliable software. You’re the type of person who can shift easily from working at the planning and architecture level of a project down into the code. You take pride in your work and how it affects your team, the product, and our customers. You believe in the importance of testing, and in the importance of documentation. You are proactive with a natural desire to improve the product, the department, the company, and your own career. You communicate clearly and proactively where you are now, where you are going, and if there are any obstacles. You have a passion for quality and an eye for detail. You have empathy for the customer's experience, and care about the usability of the product you are building. You love to create.
- You have significant experience developing and supporting a production-level web application with a team
- You are familiar with React routing, redux, sagas, higher order components, and at least one testing framework / toolset
- You have a clear understanding of the fundamentals of modern web development, including accessibility, usability, responsive design, testing and debugging, security, and bandwidth and browser constraints
- You are able to translate user stories and feature requirements into clear, actionable tasks; can provide reasonable estimates for the amount of work involved; and can work with members of the product and design teams to find the right solution
- You can clearly communicate complex concepts both verbally and in writing, to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You write well designed, readable, testable, and scalable code in accordance with clean code principles and team consensus. You keep solutions simple when possible, and know how to encapsulate complexity when it’s necessary
- You value collaboration and teamwork
- You are eager to teach and empower you co-workers and have experience in scaling adoption of new technologies and / or skills across an engineering organization
What You'll Do
You will build and own innovative client web experiences with a desire to achieve exceptional design fidelity, usability, and performance. You will be responsible for technical planning and execution of web projects through research, hands-on development, feature review, supporting other engineers. These projects will require working closely with our product managers, user interface designers, and engineering teams. Additionally, you will provide technical leadership for front end engineering work (code and process), will keep designers and product managers informed and involved about relevant technical considerations and tradeoffs, and will drive evaluation and adoption of new technologies.
- Implement the features and user interfaces of VidMob products
- Work with Product and Design groups to help define and refine product features
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products in a fast-moving environment
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Review how a new design fits into our existing UI library and Design System, working towards reducing duplicate styles, removing extraneous elements, and keep your code lean and DRY
- Work within the constraints of business requirements and timelines
- Identify new opportunities to improve the experience of external and internal clients
- Demonstrate (and define) Senior-level skills and performance as a role model for other engineers
- Other front-end development related tasks as needed