About the position
- Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will be a key participant in designing our application architecture, keeping security, cost, and performance in mind.
- You will work side by side with all our engineering teams to build scalable, performant, and clean solutions.
- You will help move our software development practices forward and help lead others on design and best practices.
- You’ll mentor other engineers, conduct code reviews, and help write technical requirements across product-driven scrum teams.
- Most importantly, you’ll be a pivotal part of a team that values quick iteration, embraces new tech, and loves to experiment.
- You’ve been shipping production Python code for the last 7+ years. You are a Python expert.
- You have vast experience building applications that utilize AWS services – bonus points if you’ve designed and deployed applications following the AWS serverless framework
- You have maintained, or been a regular contributor to open source projects for the last 2+ years.
- You’re an expert communicator and collaborator – you can talk about your code and explain your approach to less-technical teammates verbally and with a focus on good technical writing.
- You’re opinionated about tooling and curious about new trends and technologies in the software development world.
- You have a background in product development, delivering solutions to business problems in a fast paced team.
- You have working knowledge of all aspects of product design, including data modeling, service performance and security.
Skills You Might Have
- Experience working in highly regulated industries like finance, health care or defense.
- Understanding of different Authentication standards and strategies (OAuth, Basic, API Key-Based, etc.)
- Understanding of OWASP web security standards and secure coding techniques
- Understanding of networking and network design principles
- Experience implementing Machine Learning algorithms
- Experience working across multiple Agile teams
- Team lead or management experience
report this job.