Careers in Motion
We’re Hiring Site Couriers!
Starting rate: $18.00 per hour!
What you’ll do
Transdev Alternative Services, Inc. (Autonomous Vehicle Division) is seeking qualified Site Couriers. Site Courier(s) are responsible for is responsible for operating a vehicle, including collecting, lifting, transporting and installing heavy computer equipment.
We currently offer three shifts for this role. Shift preferences are taken into consideration but placement will be based on availability. The open shifts include:
- 5:30am - 2:30pm
- 1:30pm - 10:30pm
- 9:30pm - 6:30am - $1.50 per hour differential
- Maintain Transdev’s high standard of safety, inside and outside of the vehicle;
- Operate/Drive van/truck or other car, (assignment may be alone or with a co-driver) five days a week; able to sit still for long periods of time;
- Capable of responding quickly to changing and potentially high-pressure environments;
- Responsible for gathering, lifting and transporting heavy computer equipment of up to 50 pounds.
- Install equipment and ensure it starts successfully.
- Complete duties in a timely manner according to schedule.
- Complete daily reports and documents.
- Assist with simple vehicle adjustments and settings while cars are parked.
- Set up cars for charging and maneuver cars in parking lot.
- Disinfect cars, work stations and prepare sanitization kits.
- Comply with Transdev’s Autonomous Vehicle Division zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of alcohol or drugs by self-driving vehicle operators, including randomized drug testing; and
- Other duties as required
What you’ll need
- Must be 21 years old;
- High School Diploma or GED required. Four-year college degree (preferred) in a related field like industrial or applied sciences;
- Meets driver requirements, including driving record and criminal history under applicable regulations and laws in the state(s) in which the self-driving vehicle monitor will be working.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience driving on public roads. Additional experience is preferred;
- Proficiency with a laptop computer and GSuite apps (i.e. Gmail, Hangouts, and Driver, including Sheets and Docs);
- Proficiency with using a touchscreen smartphone (Android preferred by not required)
- Must be able to type at least 40 adjusted wpm.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Adapt quickly to new and developing technology;
- Must be able to work specific shifts, including early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends, as well as overnight shifts and travel for up to one month;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate good judgement, in fast-paced, high stress environments.
- Occasional standing, walking, and sitting.
- Long periods of sitting.
- Use hands to finger; handle or feel; and talk or hear; climb stairs and/or ladders.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Most work is accomplished outdoors in a vehicle.
We offer competitive benefits to keep you healthy and grow your career.
- Starting pay of $18/hour
- Career advancement opportunities/Increased Wages
- 60% of our employees promote within the first year of employment
- Eligible for pay increase within your first 6 months
- Up to $8k pay increase in first year
- Work schedule: We operate 7 days a week. [5-day workweek]
- Available shifts â AM & PM
- Benefits after 90 days
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Premier GOLD low deductible plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- FREE Meal benefits
- Access to snacks and micro kitchen
- And Much More!
Transdev provides a broad range of services for Waymo’s autonomous driving testing and development efforts. By joining Transdev, you will be on the ground floor of new technology that will shape the way people travel. And, at the same time, you will be helping drive change for your community and the world. Autonomous vehicle operators play an important role in enabling Waymo to achieve its goal of developing and commercializing its autonomous driving technology, services, and passenger experiences. Transdev shares Waymo’s commitment to safety and is continuing to strengthen and nurture a culture where safety is the top priority.
Our Commitment to Health and Safety
The health and safety of our employees, passengers, and the communities we serve is our credo, moral and ethical obligation, and at the core of our business practices. We are committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees during COVID-19. Which is why Transdev strictly enforces all CDC Guidelines and state/local ordinances to keep our employees, clients, and passengers safe.
Below are a few of the measures we are taking to uphold our commitment to workplace safety:
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle and facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with a concentrated focus on high-frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Enforced Social Distancing
- Daily employee and visitor temperature checks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Transdev will also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Transdev strictly enforces all CDC Guidelines and state/local ordinances to keep our employees, clients, and passengers safe.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road