The Weather Source Engineering team seeks a talented Software Engineer/Developer with experience in GIS tools and tasks including the Python programming language. This is an excellent opportunity for an accomplished engineer to make a significant impact at a fast-growing company.
Weather Source was founded to help clients leverage weather and climate technologies for business intelligence. In 2015, we began development of our patent-pending OnPoint Platform and in 2017 we released the first versions of our OnPoint data products. Since then, we have provided weather and climate insights to the majority of Fortune-ranked companies. Weather Source’s mission is to make hyper-local weather and climate data accessible around the globe and across industries. Our passion is working with companies to leverage weather and climate data to reduce waste, increase ROI, fine-tune logistics, optimize marketing, and improve resource planning.
- An early- to mid-career Software Engineer/Developer with experience in GIS and Python.
- Ready to make meaningful contributions to Weather Source’s growing suite of dynamic weather technology offerings, including our OnPoint Geospatial product.
- Sincerely interested in working at a startup and scaling with the company.
- Familiar with weather and climate technologies and/or interested in developing creative and valuable solutions within this domain.
- Willing to work as part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Work closely with the Engineering and Product teams to build cutting-edge solutions following the lean/agile development process.
- Plan, develop, communicate, and implement reliable, scalable, and extensible software systems.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Design, and other teams to deliver on product and technical roadmaps.
- Adhere to software development best practices and follow exceptional engineering standards.
- Design, modify, and test new or legacy software.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Perform software maintenance; Recognize and troubleshoot problems.
- Conduct research related to appropriate languages, data structures, algorithms, etc.
- Assist with customer support as needed.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. A degree in the Geosciences paired with professional software engineering/development experience will also be considered.
- 3 years of software development experience as well as some background in geospatial science & technology.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices.
- Demonstrated Python experience.
- Experience working within cloud-based environments such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- Ability to provide examples of prior software engineering work via digital portfolio or GitHub, etc.
- The AWS ecosystem (EC2, Lambda, SQS, etc.)
- The GCP ecosystem (BigQuery, BigTable, Compute, Kubernetes)
This position is located at our Salem, N.H., headquarters. Working remotely is an option during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter that includes salary requirements email@example.com.
Weather Source is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.