Who we are:
Galileo is one of the largest payments processors and program managers in North America. We are the only payments innovator that applies tech and engineering capabilities to empower FinTech and financial institutions to unleash their full creativity to achieve their most inspired goals. Galileo leads its industry with superior fraud detection, security, decision-making analytics and regulatory compliance functionality combined with customized, responsive and flexible programs to accelerate the success of all payments companies and solve tomorrow's payments challenges today. We hire passionate, creative people. We focus on education, health, outdoor living, and our company values. The result-highly energetic and dedicated co-workers, and a highly productive, engaging, and a comfortable work environment.
What we are looking for:
We are currently seeking a Software QA Engineers to join our back end development teams to test multiple applications. This role is a mix of manual and automated testing, and requires an extreme attention to detail and desire to help produce the best code possible.
What you'll be doing:
- Work directly with software developers to effectively test new and existing products, as well as code updates and bug fixes.
- Develop Test Cases, Test Scripts, and related testing documentation
- Interact with Development and other team members to investigate potential issues
- Create and execute test plans for back end systems, and Linux-based applications
- Perform different types of product testing, including functional, regression and install testing
- Become familiar with new technologies as needed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Isolate, reproduce and accurately report software defects and deficiencies
- Participate in requirement reviews and design reviews
What you will need:
- Familiar with QA skills in test planning, test automation, defect isolation, defect reporting, and test reporting
- Knowledge of database concepts and SQL experience with Oracle preferred
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Positive attitude and superior work ethic, as well as team orientation
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Ability to shift focus according to assigned project priorities
- Hands on experience with C, Python, PHP, SQL and solid knowledge of web application environments a plus.