This position is clerical in nature and follows the direction of the Billing Supervisor for daily assignments in assisting the billing department in fulfilling the company’s financial goals. Duties are performed with minimal supervision, involving limited independent judgment. Clerical work is performed following various work methods, policies and procedures. Other duties as assigned.
Education, Licenses, Certifications and Experience
- High school education or GED, or currently enrolled and attending an accredited program.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English.
- Current driver’s license and insurance coverage.
- Minimum of 6 months previous clerical work preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to drive to other sites and work in different offices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, and officials in other departments.
- Ability to learn current or new software systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and knowledge of HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain established records and files.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Ability to use office equipment (Computer, printer, fax machine, telephone, adding machine and copy machines).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of basic filing systems. Skills for accurate filing.
- Skills and ability to communicate effectively in English orally and in writing.
- Skills to type at 35 wpm.
- Working knowledge of office practices and procedures.