Time Study is seeking a dynamic support analyst to join our team. A successful candidate will have experience in customer and quality support functions like Help Desk operations, software end-user support, QA testing, building manual and automated test scripts and testing software. Candidate must also possess excellent problem-solving skills, have strong organization and time-management skills, a solutions-oriented attitude, and the ability to work independently as well as a valued team member.
This position offers the opportunity for increased responsibilities and growth potential working in a dynamic tech startup with offices in New York City and Newark.
This position is a full-time position, Monday-Friday during our regular business hours (9 am - 5 pm ET) and is based in our Newark office.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Time Study’s products and offerings.
- Take ownership of support tickets, received via phone request, voicemail, email or via help desk system, and be responsible for funneling them through all process stages until a resolution has been reached.
- Answer customer inquiries received via phone and service desk.
- Assist with completing tasks such as updating security & access controls, adding/removing accounts, updating software guides and knowledge bases, etc.
- Analyze tickets to determine the best course of action including documenting all tickets in the Help Desk system for accurate tracking of service levels and other KPI.
Escalate Tier II and Tier III tickets and accurately document and communicate the client’s needs to the engineering team.
- Develop automated test framework for front-end and back-end application layers
- Document and build functional test plans
- Build and maintain standardized, automated regression tests
- Organize and record detailed test results
Log detailed and accurate defect reports and track defects to resolution
- 1 - 3 years experience in a customer and/or QA support role
- Deep understanding of QA principles, methodologies, and practices
- Experience with formal testing processes
- Experience with writing manual and automation test cases and test scenarios
- Experience of testing desktop and mobile applications
- Ability to explain IT concepts to all levels of end-users
Knowledge of scripting language
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Critical thinker with a “Passion for Automation”
- Quick learner who strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skill
- Client Satisfaction scores
- Successful help desk ticket resolution (% of reopens)
- % of tickets meeting our service levels
- Ticket triage accuracy
- # Active Defects per release
- # of test cases authored and executed
- The ratio of bugs being reported to bugs being fixed (quality bugs over ‘invalid’ bugs)
# of bugs found in staging vs. production