Technical Automation, Safety and Robotics Sales Representative
As part of our mission and core values, we work to achieve our mission, honor our values and follow our guiding principles every day by following a process and mindset we call COMMIT. Through COMMIT, we build loyalty and create a shared vision of success with customers, suppliers and co-workers. Ohio Transmission Corporation is one of the largest industrial distributors and service providers in the United States with a team of experts that prides itself on offering technical expertise and solutions across our broad product portfolio for industrial automation, electrical, fluid power, mechanical power transmissions, air compression, pumping systems, industrial finishes and fluid handling. We have over 40 locations across 18 states.
We began in 1963 as a small Columbus, Ohio-based industrial distributor of mechanical power transmission equipment and pumps. From the very beginning, our company leaders stressed the importance of hiring and developing great people, treating them right and coupling their talents with a wide range of products from top vendors to provide customers with the best quality products and technical application expertise and services at the lowest possible costs. We have always believed that professional management and state-of-the-art operating and logistics systems are important to the success of the people we work with. While our product lines have expanded significantly over the years, our commitment to integrity and fairness in all transactions with customers, suppliers and associates has remained constant and allowed us to grow rapidly.
We are among the largest industrial distributors in the United States, and we are planning for continued growth. Our size and strength give us the resources to drive continuous improvement and lower costs. Our greatest strength is in the local decision-making of our people who have the flexibility to respond quickly to your needs. In every business transaction, our goal is to save our customers and partners time, money and resources through our unique combination of individual talent, excellent products and corporate strength.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manages all aspects of outside sales.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with key customers.
- Works with Sales & Engineering to effectively promote all the AIP/OTP products and services.
- Possesses superior interpersonal communication skills.
- Forms long-term personal relationships with customers, including at the executive level of the locations top customer.
- Set goals and objectives, generating revenue through market development, forecasting, lead generation, qualification, and closing sales.
- Expand existing sales through consistent performance, building rapport with existing and potential clients; explaining product and service capabilities; overcoming objections; preparing proposals and quotations.
- Cooperate with other AIP/OTP Systems Engineers to exchange information and identify opportunities, qualify accounts and expand product sales. .
- Work and collaborate with factory representatives to grow revenue of AIP/OTP distributed product lines.
- Make sales calls, product demonstrations, and other developmental activities to increase market share of AIP/OTP preferred channel partners is essential.
- Maintain and submit monthly activity reporting.
Qualifications for this position include:
- A college degree or a minimum of four (4) years’ experience selling/marketing technical products to industrial markets.
- The ability to utilize technical skills to solve customer problems and assist sales staff.
- Proven sales skills that achieve year over year sales growth goals.
- Ability to Identify market potential by qualifying accounts, promoting technical Automation, Safety, Vision, PLC, Servo, Drives and Robotics. This position will also support traditional products offered through OTP as well.
- Ability to work as a team member with Customer Service and other AI/OTP personnel.
- Aptitude to read parts manuals, vendor catalogs, understand blueprints, and communicate technical information effectively.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work in an industrial and manufacturing environment daily as required.
- Candidate can reside anywhere between Tupelo MS to Huntsville AL.
Ohio Transmission Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.