Location: Brooklyn, NY
The Graduate Architecture and Urban Design department at Pratt Institute is seeking an organized, tech-savvy, Temporary Admissions Assistant with strong analytical skills to provide support during its peak admissions processing period. This position reports to the Associate Manager for Admissions, working closely to ensure admissions applications and decisions are processed with high accuracy to meet targeted project deadlines. This position has a fixed term of late January to mid-May 2022. The selected candidate will work remotely 35 hours per week (M-F 9 am-5 pm), until further notice.
On a typical day you will be required to:
- Import and track incoming applications and evaluations via ApplyWeb online application system
- Update and manage admissions database, generating queries, charts, and reports as requested
- Active and ongoing tracking of applicant status, including taking initiative to follow up on issues needing resolution within a tight timeline
- Review and verification of degrees, transcripts, and other application eligibility criteria
- Communicate and field requests from prospective students in a prompt and professional manner
- Assisting with coordination of events and appointments for prospective students
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of administrative experience required, preferably in an academic or cultural institution
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience using MS Access or similar database software
- Ability to maintain accuracy during high demand and peak periods
- Strong student and/or customer service skills
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience working in higher education strongly preferred
- Experience communicating with international clients
- Experience with/ability to do mail merges
SALARY is $25/hour and some benefits are included.
For campus access requirements related to COVID, click here
Pratt Institute gives the creative leaders of tomorrow the knowledge and experience to make a better world. A top-ranked college with opportunities in art, design, architecture, liberal arts and sciences, and information studies, Pratt offers nearly 50 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. The Institutes impact expands beyond its 25-acre residential campus in Brooklyn to cutting-edge facilities throughout the borough, an additional historic building and public gallery in Manhattan, as well as an extension campus, PrattMWP College of Art and Design in Utica, New York. Since its founding in 1887, Pratt has prioritized diversity and inclusion, welcoming students from all walks of life while developing and sustaining pathways to more equitable workplaces and careers. Today, Pratt and its exceptional faculty pride themselves on being academically excellent as well as adaptable to both in-person and online learning. Pratt students are part of a collaborative, interdisciplinary, research- and inquiry-based education that prepares them for professional and personal success in creative fields and with the goal of contributing to a more just and sustainable world.
To apply, visit https://apply.interfolio.com/101450
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.