As a leading Organization in the Maintenance of Pennsylvania's
Highways, the Department of Transportation Beaver County
Maintenance Organization is seeking to fill multiple CDL Equipment
Operators to support the maintenance of the County highway and
bridge systems. Join the Beaver County Team with this exciting
Work Hours: 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM (or based on operational considerations.)
As a member of the highway maintenance crew, operators perform a variety of manual laboring duties as well as operating equipment used for construction and maintenance work. Operators will also plow snow, make minor repairs to equipment as well as preventive maintenance for the trucks and equipment and other duties as necessary. Safety is a high priority for our employees as well as for the citizens of Pennsylvania!
Successful completion of the Transportation Equipment Operator
Trainee Program; or Graduation from a Commercial Driver's License
Training School; or Two months of experience in the operation and
maintenance of single-chassis trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight
Rating between 26,000 and 32,000 pounds or any combination unit
over 26,000 pounds with a tow greater than or equal to a 10,000
pound trailer; or An equivalent combination of experience and
- Possession of a valid Pennsylvania Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with the Air Brake Restriction (L) removed or equivalent. Must demonstrate successful operation of equipment with a manual transmission.
- This position requires possession of a valid Medical Examiner's Certificate in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Employees must obtain an active Tank Vehicle Endorsement (N) during the probationary period and continuously maintain it while employed in this job.
- This position is subject to Drug and Alcohol testing in accordance with Federal Regulations.
- All employees must obtain an active certification issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation in the operation of heavy trucks and loaders within the probationary period.
Pennsylvania residency required.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.