This position exists to coordinate and perform program services under an interagency agreement with the Department of Transportation (MnDOT) to recruit and train low income women and minorities for employment in highway construction occupations. The incumbent will co-write with State Grant Employment and Training Coordinator and WorkForce Development Division Director an annual plan to secure funding through an interagency agreement with the Department of Transportation and coordinate Program services with MnDOT staff. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and directing activities with MnDOT staff, CareerForce Center partners, MnSCU, MnDOT construction contractors and community based organizations. The position will also serve, in the absence of or under the authority of the State Administrative Manager, to lead specialized employment related services. The incumbent will also oversee, input and maintain compliance of SWIFT, Procure-It, invoices and accounting systems related to the MnDOT/DEED Grants and Contracts.
1. Coordinate delivery of MnDOT/DEED contract in accordance with applicable labor agreement/plans and department policies so that staff may effectively perform assigned duties and the objectives of the agency are met. Implement outreach strategies by engaging with MnDOT vendors, community-based organizations (CBOs) and other partner organizations that will help the department achieve the goals of the program.
2. Coordinate and direct the work activities of assigned program staff so the optimal services are provided to participants in the achievement of program goals
3. Assist State Program Administrative Manager in preparation of annual contract and work plans. Assist State Program Administrative Manager in developing interagency agreements with MnDOT. Coordinate program activities with MnDOT staff, CareerForce Center partners, MnSCU and other education agencies and community based organizations to assist program-affiliated women and minorities in obtaining training and employment.
4. Coordinate and implement the expansion of access to services
for program participants at program affiliated CareerForce Centers
through staff training, technical assistance and the renewal and
dissemination of materials and information in order to strengthen
the capacity of CareerForce staff to effectively assist Program
enrollees and graduates
- 3 years of professional experience in providing employment and training programs, economic development, business management, public administration, human services, or related areas.
- Experience can be in either public or private sector.
- Experience working with SWIFT and Procure-It accounting systems
- Experience working with Grants and Contracts.
- Willingness to travel through the state, year-round.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship building skills,
- Must possess strong critical thinking skills with the ability to creatively solve complex and challenging workforce problems.
- Experience with presentation to and facilitation of small and large groups.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. SharePoint.
- Postsecondary education in Human Services, Business, Public Administration or related field.
- Strong teamwork ability
- Experience building partnerships with businesses, education and local workforce development partners and community-based organizations
- Experience developing and proofing adult/professionally-targeted marketing materials including brochures, outlines and narratives for media/public release
Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this positon, the department may contact you. Employee reference checks will be conducted on all finalists. This may include a review of documentation related to job performance. It includes contact with the applicant's current and/or former employers.
A Criminal Background Check will be conducted on all finalists for this position. A criminal conviction will not automatically remove you from consideration for employment.
When the position requires travel and the applicant drives a state owned or leased vehicle, a driver's license and record check will be conducted.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.How to Apply
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
The Department of Employment and Economic Development is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply for job opportunities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application and search tools, please contact Karen Lilledahl at 651-259-7089 or Karen.Lilledahl@state.mn.us. Please indicate what assistance is needed.Contact
If you have questions about the position, contact Jacqueline Lyaruu-Macha at firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.